Doe you still believe that being fat is unhealthy and losing weight will extend lives?
Then this episode of Escape Diet Prison is for you.
This week I am joined by acclaimed research scientist, author and my personal hero Linda Bacon who shows that a focus on weight backfires. Instead that the best way to deal with health concerns is to end the quest for thinness, focus on good health habits, and let your weight naturally settle.
Linda Bacon backs her claims on solid research; so, if you’re still sceptical about the validity of the no diet lifestyle, listen to this episode. She has published in top scientific journals and is author of the highly acclaimed popular press books, Health at Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight and Body Respect: What Conventional Health Books Get Wrong, Leave Out, or Just Fail to Understand about Weight.
We talk about:
- Linda’s Bat Mitzvah and her discomfort having to be a woman now
- Gender Identity and how this relates to body image, dieting and weight
- Worthiness and weight loss
- The concept of Health in Health at every size
- Body Respect
- They myth of finding happiness in weight loss
- What it means to be authentic and our strong desire to fit in at all cost
- How to deal with the transition time when letting go of dieting as a lifestyle and adopting more HAES principles
- and so much more.